ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
JAPAN HOUSE LOS ANGELES – GRAND OPENING WEEKEND
|Museums in Los Angeles|
Date(s): 08/25/2018 to 08/26/2018
Address: 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood & Highland, Los Angeles, CA 90028
GO TO Website Link
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
Los Angeles residents and visitors from around the world visiting Hollywood are invited to the official unveiling of the completed JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles cultural destination.
For the first time, the public will be able to visit and enjoy the new 5th floor facilities, including:
• INN ANN Restaurant: An intimate restaurant offering breathtaking views of the city. The menu will focus on discovering umami. The full bar gives visitors a chance to try the best of Japanese sake and shochu.
• Salon:Traditional Japanese tea ceremonies to be held at this event spaceat select times during the afternoons throughout opening weekend.
• Library: In addition to tablets, WiFI and more than 600 curated books, guests will be treated to the beauty of numerous ikebana floral arrangements presented by Sogetsu, Ikenobo, and Ohara schools.
Additionally, the 2nd floor facilities, which feature the galleryandgift shop, debuta new café where guests can purchase hot and cold beverages from a Kyoto teashop.
The current 2nd floor gallery exhibit features: Prototyping in Tokyo, A visual story of design-led innovation, a must-see for design and technology lovers who wanta glimpse into our future where “walking,” insect-like robots and clocks that virtually “embrace” you are the norm.
Grand opening weekend visitors will also want to be sure to take a selfie with SoftBank Robotic’s Pepper, an adorable Japanese robot stationed for a limited time between the gallery and shop. Not only is he cute, this shiny little robot provides helpful information about JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles.
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
THE OINKSTER - SLOW FAST FOOD
2005 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock, Ca 323-255-Oink - I Happened, Quite Accidentally, Onto This Slow Fast Food Joint When I Was Exploring Some Of The Small Galleries In The Eagle Rock Area During The Holidays. It Turns Out They Cure Their Own Pastrami ....
MUSEUM FREE DAYS
- - Many Museums Offer Free Admission On Certain Days Of The Week Or Month - Most Are On Thursdays. Here Is A List And Links To Detailed Information. See The Museum Page For A List Of All Museums. Always ....
HERITAGE SQUARE MUSEUM
3800 Homer Street, Los Angeles, California 90031-1530 (323) 225-2700 - A Living History Museum Reflecting The Settlement And Development Of Southern California From The Civil War To The Early 20Th Century, Heritage Square Museum Offers Visitors A Look Into The Everyday ....
LOS ANGELES AREA FARMERS MARKETS
- Dates, Times And Locations For Weekly Farmers Markets In The Los Angeles Area:
RED LINE METRO SUBWAY
Runs From Union Station (Downtown L.A.) To North Hollywood (San Fernando Valley) - - From The Small Stage To The Small Screen, From Twenties Art Deco To Fifties Suburbs, From Making Films To Watching Them - The Subway Takes In A Big Slice Of Los Angeles. You Can Travel Between North ....
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.